Wednesday, June 22, 2011

An explanation of knitting

The other day via text messaging I attempted to explain my knitting to a really nice guy.

He was trying hard, but it was clear that he didn’t get it. He has yet to see my stash. I am reluctant to share that. There are those who would call me a hoarder. I am not I am a collector. I know what I have and to what ends I plan to use it. All except that Christmas stuff I bought about ten years ago and I STILL can’t find a pattern I like for it. 17 skeins…. I digress.

He asked me about my knitting groups. I lost him there too. I tried to explain that the Saturday Books-A-Million was actually Kat’s group but that I attended. That it was a meeting of the greats; those of us who are currently writing books or have gained notoriety with our work. I don’t know how I fit in there, but dear sweet Kat assures me that I do.

I told him about the second Thursday Chick with Sticks. He got that one better. But isn’t sure how it works out that we are giving doll blankets to a men’s prison. He thinks the lap blankets for the nursing home are great.

He asked about the projects I have in the works. That gave me pause.

What do I have “on the needles”?

*A king size Entralac afghan in purples and greens for my bed

*An Entralac jacket in shades of orange and red for myself

*The red dress I started for Tori’s wedding, before she insisted that I wear black instead

*A Diatema in black, white, brown and yellow that I was working out the pattern for as a

full dress

* A lap blanket in blue, white and a dark blue with a silver thread in it

* Dark purple shawl in valure for the secretary at my son’s school

* A red and blue (think tech colors) lap blanket in Tunisian crochet.

* An off white afghan for a co-worker

* An afghan in LSU colors

* That other $%@$! Sock that I can’t seem to bring myself to work on

* The tie for my son’s principal in their school colors

Is that really all?

It seems like I should have more. I have got to go through my closet of project bags. I was sure I had more.

No comments:

Post a Comment