Friday, January 14, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year!

This is, I think my favorite time of year for knitting. Maybe it is the cold weather. A time to cuddle up with the blankets that were too hot to even look at back in July, now you can get those puppies finished!

Perhaps it is the post holiday feeling. “At last I can work on something for me.”

A new year and a chance to start fresh?

For whatever the reason, more of my dear friends seem to make it to the knitting meetings, yarn seems to have a whole new pallet to choose from, and even the knitting needles seem to be more inviting. You know, the ones that looked sooo good on the web or in the magazine and then weren’t suitable for anything you wanted to work on? Or am I the only one who buys those things for their beauty?

We have a great new gal at the meetings. She is from Alaska and has decided to relearn knitting. Poor thing has an allergy to metals. I can feel for her since so many foods and other fun things are on my “usedtocould” list. She has to use plastic or other non-metal needles. I guess I am lucky. I do not know what I would do without my Adis’.

I have a new buddy with the Boy Scouts…. Well several actually, but I feel for her in that she can’t knit or crochet anymore since the carpel tunnel has gotten bad. Another new pal may be going to try again since her surgery.

Perhaps that’s it. I am feeling the shear joy of knitting lately. Though my hands lock up and my dear Tori has to massage them I can still move my hands without too much pain. I can use my favorite needles and as long as I switch back and forth between sizes I am good. I don’t have any trouble with any yarns I use. I am free to take up the Entralac sweater I started, the wool purse, the king size Entralac bedspread, or any of about six additional projects that are sitting neatly in their bags waiting my return.

I am free to begin new projects. I can dig in my stash. I have one you know….. Yes ridiculously large, but I shouldn’t have to shop for yarn for years…. HA!

Yes, this is my favorite time of year to knit.

THEN AGAIN..... IT COULD BE MY ANTICIPATION OF KNITTING THAT WILD RED DRESS THAT I STARTED FOR MY SON'S WEDDING AND DIDN'T GET TO WEAR.
TORI IS ENGAGED TO A WONDERFUL GUY AND THE WEDDING IS SET FOR LATE OCTOBER!

No comments:

Post a Comment